my adventures in South Korea as an native english teacher-

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quarantine Day 2







Today was the second day of the quarantine extravaganza.
I have done literally nothing all day. It rained a lot off and on.
I ate breakfast. Then I went to orientation, where we learned about Korean history, culture and got some tips on teaching Korean children. We learned  about some cultural differences as well. The man who was doing the orientation told us that Koreans are really good at surgery because they use chopsticks- random- 
Anyway, lunch was bimbap again. Michelle,Christine, Shannon and I  went up to roof top at lunch which was pretty interesting. Because it had rained the thick fog cleared and we had a good view of the city.( that we aren't allowed to go to) The roof kinda resembles a prison because it is all dirty wet cement and under construction.  
We also got our curriculum for our classes as well. It is actually really good, it is basically the lesson plans and the workbooks. The work books remind me of my German work books I did last semester. 
Then I took a nap because I was tired and felt kinda weird after being in a hot room all day.
pretty much that was all that went on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
OR, United States
I'm a student who is studying international studies and does fashion design.