my adventures in South Korea as an native english teacher-

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Everything tastes better on toast

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Well South Korea felt like almost like Santa Monica pier today. The sun was shining in the window across the Wando hills and into the smelly fishy cafeteria.
I ate some American breakfast today and decided that all food tastes better with toast. After this I went to more orientation.
Since the principals couldn't make it to our camp we got to do a Korean drum class instead.This was much more preferable to me as I don't really enjoy orientation time because it is boring. 
We got to wave our arms around, do drum beats with out new wooden thing and learned a traditional  Korean song. One thing that was rather funny was that we did Korean seat stretches, which was really really quite funny.
After this we met with our groups, introduced ourselves and talked about our skit. This skit is done at the end of each camp as a surprise for the campers. After this was a hike up to a temple, a hike I did not finish because I became rather nervous because I have a problem with heights. I felt like if I kept going up towards that temple I may have hyper-ventilated and freaked out. There for I decided along with two other girls to go back to camp and just be mellow for a while before dinner. After dinner
I got to enjoy some karaoke done by us English teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
OR, United States
I'm a student who is studying international studies and does fashion design.